Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Single Band Entry

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Single Band Entry
From: Richard Ferch <ve3iay@storm.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 12:43:02 -0400
If no log is submitted for a station, then of course QSOs made with that station cannot be cross-checked. However, if a log has been submitted for a station, and QSOs with that station in other logs are not in the submitted log, those other stations will get a NIL (unless someone intervenes manually into the log checking process, which might happen if the number of missed contacts is large and triggers an alarm). That is why the rules explicitly state that you must not delete contacts on other bands from your log (Rule X.2.) - the category from the Cabrillo header is used to limit your score to only those contacts on the band you are entering, but all of the contacts in your log are used for log checking.

73,
Rich VE3KI

AB1J wrote:

Are you sure about that?  Lots of QSOs, I think in the range of 15%,
cannot be checked because no logs were submitted.  I can't ever remembering
getting a NIL in my log UBN reports for this reason.  I usually have a few  but
they all make sense to me.