Re: [CQ-Contest] Automation = lost essential skills

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Automation = lost essential skills
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 13:10:40 -0600
/"The error in the example above is that K1ZZ would never call a station without hearing the callsign first."/

Yeah butt...

W1XYZ might be Dave's last multiplier needed for a sweep and he's trying to work him on 10m backscatter for the last 5 minutes. He has heard the call a half dozen times already.

Well, at least that's what happens to me (especially with ND, SD, IA, and WI stations I need)...

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN