Re: [CQ-Contest] Automation = lost essential skills

To: David Siddall <hhamwv@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Automation = lost essential skills
From: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 07:51:08 +0700
Lost old skills.  Where is cursive writing going and then how can we have
signatures?
What is 682 divided by 26?  We only do that by calculator.
The mic is broken and we need to send SOS and don't know Morse code
especially to decode the answer  (that BTW says, "Are you pretending?" and
leaves you when you do not answer).

Too, I found that teaching film editing with real film strips allows
learning in good ways that exceed learning editing by computer.

There is at least one other human activity that is best "the old way" an
intimate human activity.  Old skills lost are like extinct animals... cant
be recovered.  Ch

Charly, HS0ZCW