Re: [CQ-Contest] WHY - and other observed behavior

To: <kr2q@optimum.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WHY - and other observed behavior
From: "Peter Chamalian W1RM" <w1rm@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 15:42:56 -0500
Point taken and done quite often.  The problem is the idiots calling on top
of the station blow it out of the water so you can't copy the fact that the
station came back to you!

Dump it in is reinforced every time it works and that's the problem.

How can the contest community turn this around?  Oh I know there will always
be guys who do it but if we could reduce this by half then it would be
easier for everyone to work the Q and move on (higher rate, higher score).
This gets to be particularly important when you are dealing with a slim
opening such as gray line.

Pete, W1RM