Re: [CQ-Contest] WHY - and other observed behavior

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WHY - and other observed behavior
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 03:17:00 -0800
Here's something that works for me.

If someone isn't getting my call I typically hit PgDn (in N1MM) a couple of times and send my call, say, three times.

If that doesn't work I hit CTRL-K to turn on the keyboard CW sender and, with significant space between the letters, type V E 7 F O and, if he's missing part of the FO I type F O F O F O.

That often does the trick.

And yes, If someone very weak is calling me and I can't get the call pretty quickly, I'll blow him off so as to not lose my run frequency.

73, Jim VE7FO