Re: [CQ-Contest] Classic - Doing what was intended?

To: k5zd@charter.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Classic - Doing what was intended?
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 21:17:41 -0700
People that run marathons are generally in very good shape. Marathons do not last 48 hours and do not involve sleep deprivation.

This is comparing apples to oranges.

It is widely reported that failing to get 6 to 9 hours of sleep at night can be damaging to the body.

Options are good. We need to make sure that we are not encouraging people to risk their health in the quest of the mighty paper certificate. We are all adults and should be capable of making this decision on our own. I have found a few articles on the net but I would love to hear more from any doctors about the risks involved with these activities.

Mike W0MU