Re: [CQ-Contest] Classic - Doing what was intended?

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Classic - Doing what was intended?
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 14:51:19 -0500
Ed, I think it's extremely premature for you to attack the idea so early on. A decade ago, when a few of us started to advocate the establishment of this category, we ran a survey asking (on contesting.com) whether people would operate more, less or be unaffected if such a category were available. At that time, IIRC, something better than 3:1 said they would operate more rather than less.

What the impact may actually have been will require analysis of log data, and will probably require more than one year's experience to judge. Was I surprised to see a few of those calls? You bet. Does it mean a negative effect? Hardly.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.