Re: [CQ-Contest] Classic - Doing what was intended?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Classic - Doing what was intended?
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 08:20:36 -0700

I do all those things to avoid clotting problems, but it is undeniable that the risk is still there. And at least in my case, sleep deprivation two days in a row almost invariably leads to a much greater risk of catching some sickness bug due to a weakened immune system. I am perfectly healthy and I've been an athlete of one sort or other (endurance included) my entire life, but to pretend that everyone has the same physiology is misguided.

I admire the capability of contesters who naturally need less sleep (I'm aware of several who typically sleep less than 5 hours per night all the time) and can operate a full 48 hour event, but for many of us that simply is not feasible.

73,
Dave   AB7E