[CQ-Contest] What rig to choose for a one-time fieldday MM setup?

To: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] What rig to choose for a one-time fieldday MM setup?
From: Maarten van Rossum <pd2r.maarten@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 18:31:56 +0100
Ron,

My expirience with the TS 480 was in Phone and it wasn't bad at all. In CW
reciever performance is more critical so I have absolutely no reason to
doubt your review. But, for the money, what else is there? In my previous
post I mentioned the IC 7200 but that's about it.

The Ten Tec Eagle might be a fine rig and I like it's design. Unfortunately
it's just a bit expensive. The thing sets you back $1819,- which comes down
to about €1350,-. Add shipping that will be €1400,-. When it arrives in the
Netherlands you will need to add 21%(!) tax. At the end of the day you will
have to pay as near as makes no difference €1700,-. That's €200,- more then
a TS 590.

73, Maarten PD2R

Op zaterdag 30 november 2013 schreef Ron Notarius W3WN
(wn3vaw@verizon.net<javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', 'wn3vaw@verizon.net');>
):

73, Maarten PD2R