[CQ-Contest] Fwd: [PPRAANet] CQ Magazine

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: [PPRAANet] CQ Magazine
From: David Siddall <hhamwv@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 10:17:52 -0500
From: David Siddall <hhamwv@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [PPRAANet] CQ Magazine
To: Doug <cnd.moloney@comcast.net>

CQ seems to be published on time, the next month's cover, table of contents
and highlights show up on their website around the middle of the previous
month.

The delayed paper and digital delivery is unfortunate because of the spiral
effect as people give up and do not renew.  Hopefully they will get their
distribution channels fixed, as contesters we have a vested interest in
helping them survive.  Obviously they are not immune to what is happening
generally throughout the print publishing world.  As digital replaced print
advertising, all magazines have had major problems. Newsweek is a prime
example: they were sold and stopped publishing a print edition altogether.
Only now a new owner is talking about bringing back a limited Newsweek
print edition.

An aside: Slowly, marketplace realities are beginning to penetrate the
publishing industry, including advertisers, as experience replaces hype.
Even young people prefer print over digital for certain types of reading.
My experience with two college student sons validates this.

73, CU on 10 meters Saturday (not Sunday) from LU/K3ZJ or L73D, not sure
which.

Dave K3ZJ