Re: [CQ-Contest] Size of Dual Monitors

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Size of Dual Monitors
From: Chris Plumblee <chris.plumblee@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 10:23:20 -0400
If you choose a pair of widescreen monitors, consider rotating them 90
degrees so that you have a tall square desktop vs a long rectangle. Your
video card will likely support the change, and I find that a much more
user-friendly arrangement.

Brands don't particularly matter these days. The hardware is cheap and no
ham radio software that I'm aware of is particularly demanding from a
graphical perspective. Monitors last practically forever...the pair that I
use for work are 7-8 years old and are as good as new.

Do consider mounting the monitors using monitor arms if you have the
ability to do so. In addition to saving desk space you'll gain some height
flexibility. It's not a huge deal, but not trivial either.

73, Chris WF3C

--
Chris Plumblee
407.494.5155