Re: [CQ-Contest] Size of Dual Monitors

To: "reflector cq-contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Size of Dual Monitors
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <k6ll.dave@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 06:48:30 -0700
For so2r, there is no need for two computers.

Why two monitors? If you have a single decent sized 1920x1080 (~22") monitor near your face, you can fit a ton of stuff on the screen, and still have readable fonts. During a RTTY contest, I typically have four digital windows, two band maps, a Telnet window, and statistics windows open, in addition to the usual two qso entry windows and log. You do have to be efficient in your use of space, sizing the windows to the minimum necessary, but it's not hard to do.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

-----Original Message----- From: Dick Flanagan