Re: [CQ-Contest] Year first licensed distribution from CW SS

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Year first licensed distribution from CW SS
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 11:57:15 -0600
This is interesting..
the 50's & 60's the as they say hay day of the hobby.

I think it would be interesting to learn what changed like regulations or what when sudden spikes or drops happened what changed to cause.?
Like 75 to 76 what made the big jump and then slow fall?

It is very obvious that the influx of all the No-Coders don't do CW since since 81 there is little activity.

This would be very interesting to see if this was done with the phone weekend data. What differences are.

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com
On 11/3/2014 10:48 AM, Tim Shoppa wrote:
>From 882 unique calls in N3QE+K3PRC CW SS logs, a histogram of the "year
first licensed" exchange is below.

I'm guessing 1916, 1922, 1924, 1927 are
club-founded-or-first-club-member-years (correct me if I'm wrong!)

The cluster 1951-1980 is rather prominent with especially steep falloff
before 1951, and a very real shoulder (if not a complete falloff) post 1980.

I'm hoping the histogram survives unmangled by E-mail programs! Some
programs try to wrap my histograms into one paragraph or something.

yr cnt
-- ---
14  1 *
13  2 **