Re: [CQ-Contest] 10/15 interaction

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 10/15 interaction
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 09:46:44 -0800
On Thu,11/6/2014 7:18 AM, Randall K Martin wrote:
I'm contemplating purchasing a high power band pass filter (4O3A) to prevent the interaction. I

Study my survey of the measured performance of the major brands of bandpass filters. It ran in NCJ a year or two ago. http://k9yc.com/BandpassFilterSurvey.pdf

Since my measurements were published, 5B4AGN implemented more sophisticated versions of his bandpass filters that provide better adjacent-band rejection. See his yahoo group website for details, and for how to purchase.

Also, try to learn why you're having problems -- is it possible that the amp is creating a spur on 15M? What kind of amp is it? Is it carefully tuned? If a solid state amp, are you using a tuner?

If the amp is clean, you can probably do just fine with one of the better 200W filters (or filter sets).

73, Jim K9YC