Re: [CQ-Contest] SO1R vs.: SO2R

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO1R vs.: SO2R
From: "KU7Y" <ku7y.cw@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 19:20:17 -0800
Hi Steve,

You make a very good point.

Just to make something clear.  I do not have the operating skills to post a
winning score in any big contest, even if I had the radios and antennas that
would be needed.  I enter into a contest just to have fun.

The point I was trying to make was that, at least to me, there is a big
difference between SO1R and SO2R.  About like Multi-Single and Multi-Two.
So why not 2 classes?

Randy reminded me that in the CQWW there is the Classic overlay which has a
1 radio limit and a total time limit of 24 hours.  (You can work more than
24 hours but only the first 24 count toward your score).

This is just right for me!!  At 78 years old I'm not sure I could even put
in 24 hours BIC within the whole 48 hours of the contest anyway!

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club
Northern California Contest Club