Re: [CQ-Contest] Cut numbers -- a different take

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cut numbers -- a different take
From: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 20:39:02 -0500
"I thought real "radiomen" would consider the conditions and adjust
accordingly to  get the message across accurately." -- AB1J

Well, that IS what I said.  Lots of complaints here about ineffectiveness
of cut numbers with QSB or QRN or QRM or weak signals.  I have not
encountered that.  I have gotten cut numbers only from loud signals.

Maybe that's because I don't make enough QSOs  :>)

(I still think Real Contesters will learn to read cut numbers (when used
under appropriate condx), especially if it's from 4Q2OM and the need he Sri
Lanka mult.)

73, Art K3KU