[CQ-Contest] Dupes

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Dupes
From: "Doug Turnbull" <turnbull@net1.ie>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 09:46:10 -0000
Subject Dupes

     I am afraid that later on in a contest after being spotted that
sometimes I get a slew of people who have worked me previously from the
Western USA calling again.   I do not want dupes in my log and send QSO B4
only if there is a protest will I work them and then I often find they are a
dupe.   The error rate in my logs is normally pretty low.    I shall
continue to reject dupes.   My suspicion is that some people want to see if
they can work me again.

     Thankfully many are now of the belief that cut numbers cause more
trouble than good.    I would say the same for operators who want to show
off their CW speed at 35 or 40 wpm - this slows everything down and leads to
repeats and errors.

     My two cents.   Happy Christmas and excuse the old goat.

                 73 Doug EI2CN