Re: [CQ-Contest] Why not work dupes?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why not work dupes?
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 06:54:29 -0500
I am frequently told that their logging software absolutely makes it
impossible for them to log dupes. I don't think this is quite true
(probably they just have to hit an "override" key combination) but maybe in
some circumstances it may be (given lack of user training) practically true.

e.g. I think N1MM can be set up to disable ESM logging of dupes in S&P
mode, and some people run with N1MM in S&P mode. But the regular "log"
button will work. And even beyond that there's an "alt-enter" combo to log
almost anything that would be otherwise rejected by the computer's demented
electric brain.

Tim N3QE