Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW Op Name - Je suis Charlie

To: "Tim Shoppa" <tshoppa@gmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW Op Name - Je suis Charlie
From: "Yuri" <ve3dz@rigexpert.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 15:03:21 -0500
I am just trying to understand your logic (as well as the whole point of sending "JESUISCHARLIE" instead of the _NAME_ as required by rules). Let say I speak Ukrainian or Russian and I would send my name as "моё имя Юрий ON" - would you assume and what would you LOG? Can't even imagine what would have happened if we would have a Chinese speaking operator in the above example.

Thanks.
Yuri  VE3DZ

P.S. I believe there are plenty of places where you may express your political and civil position besides HAM Radio.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Shoppa" <tshoppa@gmail.com>