Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW Op Name - Je suis Charlie

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW Op Name - Je suis Charlie
From: K4XS via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 13:48:45 -0500
I really don't see what the big deal is about  names.  Back in  the early
part of the century, guys were giving out Rumplestiltskin, Snowwhite,  grumpy
etc.  One year many guys used a popular SK's name.  Right after  the 2000
election we in FL, decided we would all be "Chad".  I never heard  one person
bitch about any of the names used.

My real name is Wilbert, but I never go by that.  That is my  real name, am
I supposed to use it?  I assume guys are gonna be PO.ed if a  guy used Skip
or Gator?  Can't we find something else more useful discuss  than this
trivial PC crap.

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

K4XS/KH7XS  (My name for some NA contests was  "Aloha".  Shame on me for
using that.)

In a message dated 1/13/2015 3:39:36 P.M. Coordinated Universal Time,