Re: [CQ-Contest] Where have all the young ones gone? courtesy of Pete Se

To: Radio K0HB <kzerohb@gmail.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Where have all the young ones gone? courtesy of Pete Seeger
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 13:33:53 -0500
so, how about taking this to the extreme if someone won say CQWWCW and the prize if there was one was a brand new 8000 dollar radio,

Legal?

Joe WB9SBD

<http://www.qsw.me>
QSW.Me The Place To Find
That Contact You Need And
CQ-QSO Just To Make QSO's
http://cq-qso.com/ <http://cq-qso.com>
On 4/23/2015 1:30 PM, Radio K0HB wrote:
Actually, Joe, the FCC doesn't say you can't be paid.

It says your operations as a ham must be "without pecuniary interest".

Now receiving a "fancy certificate, suitable for framing" might be loosely be interpreted as "being paid", but it does not rise to the level of "pecuniary interest".

The term "pecuniary interest" has quite a narrow legal and financial definition which involves money or instruments negotiable for cash, not plaques or certificates.

73, de Hans, K0HB

-----Original Message----- From: Joe