Re: [CQ-Contest] TO7A Comments, Data and Log Checking

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] TO7A Comments, Data and Log Checking
From: "XV4Y (Yan)" <xv4y@nature-mekong.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 06:33:46 +0700
Hi,

If you write the rules only for "serious contester" with big unlimited
stations, you will end with only 50-100 participants from 20-30 countries.
Not a very funny contest.
If you want the contest to be fun for everyone, you have to make several
categories giving more chances to win a certificate or at least to rank fairly.

Let's take my very personal case.
XV is not very rare but still not common in contest days.
I admit that the possibility of winning "country" motivates me in making an
entry to CQ WW, AA DX, ARRL 10m or IARU HF even when I have only few spare time.
Ok I'm doing only 100-200 QSOs, but those who have me in their log seem happy.

73,
Yan.
---
Yannick DEVOS - XV4Y