Re: [CQ-Contest] Preview of CQWW Rules 2015

To: "wc1m73@gmail.com" <wc1m73@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Preview of CQWW Rules 2015
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 09:37:47 -0500

> On May 22, 2015, at 12:10 AM, Dick Green WC1M <wc1m73@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 2. QSO alerting assistance
>
> I don't see the necessity of this change. Having just a call sign or just a
> multiplier doesn't provide enough information to complete a QSO. You need
> the frequency. Station identification (call sign or exchange or multiplier)
> and frequency are the necessary and sufficient information that defines "QSO
> alerting assistance". The only thing the change does is prohibit
> single-frequency CW decoders, which provide no competitive advantage and may
> be needed by ops with hearing problems.

Dick,

I am missing something or may not have been in tune with "what's the most you
can do and be within the rules" on this subject in the past.  Has it ever been
legal in SOAB to have any information provided to help with any of the
following?:

A.  Knowing a call sign of someone on a band without frequency information
B.  Knowing a multiplier prefix on a band without frequency information
C.  Knowing how many new call signs not already worked are on a band without
specific call signs or frequencies.
D.  Knowing how many multipliers not already worked are on a band without
specific call signs or frequencies.

Please identify which of the above, if any, can be accomplished have been legal
under previously published rules and by which (any and all) means they can be
accomplished.

I have always assumed that any help in knowing either A, B, C or D above would
be assisted?

73...Stan, K5GO