Re: [CQ-Contest] Distance-Based Scoring

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Distance-Based Scoring
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 21:33:26 -0700
On Tue,5/26/2015 6:48 PM, Felipe J. Hernández wrote:
Please read well Ward's email.. I dont think that theres any formula to
make everyone happy and I completely oppose the idea that not all contests
are made for everyone in terms of propagation.

I made several specific suggestions that had NOTHING to do with distance-based scoring. Why no response? One involved redefining what constitutes a multiplier in ways that significantly reduce the disparity between regions. No one in the contesting establishment wants to talk about it because THEY lose part of their advantage.

I proposed a regional handicap system where each score is adjusted based on how well the contesters in his region did compared to all regions. No one in the contesting establishment wants to talk about this either, because they lose another part of their contesting advantage.

73, Jim K9YC