Re: [CQ-Contest] Distance-Based Scoring

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Distance-Based Scoring
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 21:24:51 -0700
On Tue,5/26/2015 3:11 PM, David Siddall wrote:
I think ARRL already does break out geographic regions as well as division
clusters for at least some of their contests in their full results
articles.  See, for example:

Not even close. Nowhere is there a breakout for parts of the US -- Zone 3 is lumped with Zones 4 and 5. I managed to place first in the Pacific division and in CA in the 2013 10M contest for Unassisted Single Op Mixed Modes, and was #11 US. K6LL was the only station west of the Rockies who beat me. Nary a word in QST, nor in the full results article. This isn't the first time -- it's happened all of the few times I've managed to place well.

I want to be able to compare my score with other operators and similar stations all over the world. No major DX contest yet allows this.

73, Jim K9YC