Re: [CQ-Contest] Distance-Based Scoring

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Distance-Based Scoring
From: "XV4Y (Yan)" <xv4y@nature-mekong.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 15:00:31 +0700
Hi,

Well, in my case, not.
At least not for "continental" regions.
Middle-east and Cyprus are both in Asia and can work EU stations much longer
and with greater easiness than I can.
The same is also true between JA and NA, but to a lesser extent.
Morocco, Canarias and Algeria are not comparable to South Africa or Madagascar
either.
I could cite Asiatic Russia, but it is so vast that it's not a good example.

That said, I don't complain about my location and the rules because :
- radio is a hobby, there are many priorities above it in term of choosing a
location (for me),
- there are other goodies in being in XV (being a DX, easiness to work some
Indian Ocean and North Pacific islands...).
Still, I will never be "first in Asia", maybe in the top 5 of the "TB Wires"
overlay for Low Power...

73,
Yan.
---