[CQ-Contest] Distance-Based Scoring

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Distance-Based Scoring
From: "XV4Y (Yan)" <xv4y@nature-mekong.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 06:17:57 +0700
Hi Mark,

I think this is definitely a good idea and it is easy to implement.
Working 10 AF stations is more difficult (for anyone anywhere in the world)
than working 100 EU or NA.
We could have some points distribution like that :
- same continent : 1 point
- EU/NA : 2 points
- OC/AS : 4 points
- AF : 6 points

The problem is that is not "balancing" the score for ZL or ZS stations who
would even have less points for working NA/EU stations.
Perhaps different point distribution tables depending on where from you are
could do the trick.

73,
Yan.
---