Re: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: CQ'ing for Dollars

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: CQ'ing for Dollars
From: N1MM <tfwagner@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2015 19:02:45 -0400
If one wanted such a thing to succeed, one would have to address your concern.

One way would be to make most of the top prizes have a "raffle" component. Something like "if you are the 500th contact of the #1 station, you win a prize" or if you are the 400th contact of the #2 station, you win a prize. It would probably be even better to make the # of the contact that you would need to be random, so that contenders could not hold back QSO #400 & #500 for their buddies.

This approach has the advantage of giving greater weight in winning to those that make more contacts, but not to the elimination of the possibility of winning with one QSO. Greater weight would mean more Qs would be made in total, since participants would have an incentive to maximize their QSO totals.

73,
Tom - N1MM