Re: [CQ-Contest] Logging question

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Logging question
From: Hank Garretson <w6sx@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 07:29:19 -0700
On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 1:14 AM, Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
wrote:

Until about three years ago, I responded to all these stations, sending
> thousands of cards. I pay about $100 per thousand to print them, a day or
> so to print address labels and put on cards, another day to record the QSLs
> as I received them. More dollars to buy the labels. Because I'm a member of
> a fine DX club, NCDXC, they send my cards to ARRL no charge, as part of my
> dues to them.

I probably get as many buro cards as Jim. I use and recommend
http://www.globalqsl.com/ . For about ten cents per card, Global takes care
of everything: printing, addressing, sending to buro(s). All I have to do
is upload an .adi file. Producing the .adi is a snap using BV7. I'm told it
is just as easy using DXKeeper or Logger32. From start to finish, it takes
me about an hour to completely process a stack of 150 cards.

A QSL is the final courtesy of a contact. Even if I don't care, the other
guy has his reasons for wanting my card, and I am delighted to help him
out.

Contest Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX