[CQ-Contest] Fwd: Re: Why some Caribbean Islands compete as South Americ

To: CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: Re: Why some Caribbean Islands compete as South America atCQWW and other contests
From: "Martin , LU5DX" <lu5dx@lucg.com.ar>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 18:13:51 -0300
De: "Martin Monsalvo" <monsalvo@gmail.com>
Fecha: nov 9, 2015 18:12
Asunto: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why some Caribbean Islands compete as South
America atCQWW and other contests
Para: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@gmail.com>
Cc: "Fernando PY2LED" <py2led@fuertesind.com.br>, "CQ-Contest" <
cq-contest@contesting.com>

That is true in part Igor. Despite the fact that WRTC was created to
evaluate operators' skills, the qualifying run is held by taking into
account the results of those events where mostly location, amount of
aluminum, power and several other factors that are beyond what organizers
can control, determine the final standings.

I think that finding a better scoring system and probably other Contest
"mechanics" like QSO/QSY which will reduce the effects of those factors
that go beyond operating skills will be something really possitive for
contesting overall. Otherwise, in the end, results are more proportional to
the money that people can invest rather than skills.

73,

Martin LU5DX