[CQ-Contest] SS and Voice Keyer CQ Messages

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS and Voice Keyer CQ Messages
From: Dave Edmonds <dave@pkministrywebs.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 23:38:23 -0500
I know that weekend I will many contesters using voice keyers when
"running". I'm surprised when I hear some of the CQ messages... Some are
noisy, some are of a different gender than the operator, some are too low
and some are just dull and boring.

I don't use one, but if I did, I would record a CQ message that is similar
to my "real" CQ.. One that will be positive and upbeat. When I talk with
new contestters, I encourage them to have a "bright" sounding CQ.

Please listen to your CQ message and redo it until it's clear and bright.
Perhaps it's time to ditch the old that you've been usiing for the last 13
years.

One more comment on voice keyers... Have any of y'all worked those keyboard
driven automated voice stations? Those automated exchange reports drives me
crazy.. I will typically respond with my impression of a 'computer' and
then the human operator usually asks for fills.

When two of the 'no mic' automated "operators" work each other....does it
really count as a Phone contact?

I hope to hear some positive and effective CQs during the SS.  Look for
this South Carolina multiplier "running" near the top of 40m band during
SS.. Help me reach my goal of 500 Qs this year.

73s Dave WN4AFP
--
Dave Edmonds
PK Ministry Webs