Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time that the contest sponsors officially identif

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time that the contest sponsors officially identify SCP as "assisted?"
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 08:00:36 -0500
Until recently I thought that assisted meant getting outside assistance to
find stations, typically multipliers. Skimmer made this more complicated
as it really is not anyone else helping you find stations. Then the
committee changed the rules to include code readers as assisted. Certainly
logging software and computer generated CW are also some type of
assistance or why would we use them. There would be no way to run on two
bands simultaneously using a keyer and pad of paper.  Where does this end?

John KK9A