[CQ-Contest] Category hopping

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Category hopping
From: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2015 13:40:28 -0500
Maarten PD2R -

Maybe you didn't understand my comment? You are taking my words out of context.

I never suggested that CR3L cheated or should be DQ'ed like others have. I only
stated what they did by category hopping is unethical. Period.

I also didn't call them cheaters like UT5UGR. I only suggested that they not
sit back and purposely not defend their actions by ignoring this discussion
much like Dimitry did last year.

The bottom line is category hopping isn't an accepted contesting practice. If
doing this is part of your contesting strategy then maybe you shouldn't post
your score on 3830 or wait until after the log deadline so you don't face any
scrutiny. With the cheating that's been going on recently you will.

Jeff KU8E