Re: [CQ-Contest] Category hopping

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Category hopping
From: W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 22:03:59 -0700
I consider running power in excess of allowed legal limits far more sleezy than this. But this has been happening for a long long long time and nothing has ever been done that I am aware of. I am sure that everyone running a 77 Export is just coasting along at the 1.5k. Pretty tempting to turn the knob when you can't bust that pileup.

Been to 30m? We have a limit of 200w. Most amps will do legal out and many run far more than 200 watts. But that is a different can of worms or is it?

W0MU