Re: [CQ-Contest] W5WMU experiment in NAQP

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] W5WMU experiment in NAQP
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2016 07:45:48 -0500
I was just catching up on these posts.  Wow, where did the lynch mob come
from on poor Pat?

I'll block some bullets for a buddy by disclosing that last summer, I did
exactly that as well.  I was in the process of "upgrading" my antennas and
cables to be ready to handle 1.5kW in contests vs the 100 - 150W they had
been designed and built for - for the 10 years prior.  As I approached the
end of the summer, I realized that a few hours of NAQP at 1.5kW would give
me some good exercising of it for an evening as well as SO2R my 2 amps.  So
I ran for probably 3 hours SO2R HP.

I of course knew that it wasn't allowed in the contest competition.  But I
wasn't competing, so not my concern.  I was simply giving out the desired
exchange to those who were competing (oh yes - thank you for Vermont by the
way - especially on 10M!).

I left for a business trip to Asia a few days later.  I didn't even submit a
check log.  So technically, I wasn't even in the contest.  I was just being
a very cooperative Q for those that were.  If you have ever coaxed a newby
through a Q then you have coerced the same.  I just did it much more
efficiently for 3 hours.

So back off of Pat guys.come on.

Ed  N1UR