Re: [CQ-Contest] Inverter generators

To: Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Inverter generators
From: Jack Brindle <jackbrindle@me.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 13:52:40 -0800
I find it interesting that these generators have very limited 12VDC output
(marked for battery charging only). It seems that for our use a unit that
generates reasonable levels of clean 12VDC and 120VAC would be very useful. Are
there any generators that fit the bill, or even produce just 12VDC where we add
the external inverter?

Or, is this one of the old home-brew spirit things - get a small engine and add
a car alternator?

- Jack, W6FB