Re: [CQ-Contest] Your Call?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Your Call?
From: Scott Ellington <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 21:39:36 -0600
One very well-known contester from Portugal once gave me a lengthy CW lecture when I asked for his cal, then refused to work me.

I accidentally hit upon an effective strategy last weekend: If a station doesn't ID, when he comes back, send what you "think" may be his call, anything plausible, really. If he doesn't correct you, at least you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that many others listening will log the wrong call. (Don't log it yourself, of course.) If it results in enough penalties, maybe we'll hear more frequent ID's as well as less blind logging of spotted calls.

73,

Scott  K9MA

--
Scott Ellington  K9MA