[CQ-Contest] Open Letter to VE Contesters

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Open Letter to VE Contesters
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 07:23:55 -0500
With the upcoming ARRL SSB contest, why not see if you can actually beat us
this year by voluntarily abiding by the US Phone Sub bands.  Its really kind
of silly to think you have won something (other than the other similarly
minded VEs) to sit on 21195 or 14145 and 7120 and CQ all day undisturbed
while the rest of us fight it out above you.  Don't you think?

I personally think that this should become a rule change for this contest.
But getting the ARRL to change the rule is not going to be easy.  And a
survey is kind of a joke since I would expect that virtually every US
responder would agree and last I checked, the ratio of US to VE is about
10:1.

Nothing being done wrong by continuing practice.the rules do not speak on
this issue.  But it would feel so much better to win and know you did it
this way.

73

Ed  N1UR