Re: [CQ-Contest] Open Letter to VE Contesters

To: <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Open Letter to VE Contesters
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 10:17:51 -0500
Kelly, I agree with you that, like VEs out your way are not challenging the
East Coast of NA regardless of sub band advantage in this contest.  However,
there are many more stations than VY2ZM and VY2TT that take well advantage
of this rule.  VE3EJ is for sure another to add to the list as is VO1MP,
VA3DX.  There could be others.

Its simply a request to state that which we all know.  It's not a fair
practice to have your own spectrum and compete as if all is the same.

Its one thing to discuss competition within regions like NA or Europe, but
in this case, there is no US winner.  There is only a VE/US winner.

I wish I could see a way to change the rules to make US and Canada separate
categories but it doesn't really make sense given the contest structure.

Ed  N1UR