Re: [CQ-Contest] May you work yourself at a remote?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] May you work yourself at a remote?
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 14:13:24 -0500
VE3CS writes:
> The one way to address this would be: a person can only operate
> with one call/contribute to one station for the duration of the contest.

Contributing to more one than one score is called "Highly Motivated
Operator" or HMO operation and as far as I know, is allowed in all
contests. It may not make sense in all contests but is not ruled out.

There are some contests with distinct rules about what constitutes a
station and what constitutes an operator and what constitutes a contest
log, that require a certain structure for HMO's. Sweepstakes is an example.

There are also writings discouraging the other way around: use of multiple
calls at same station for the purpose of cheerleading. Here's some writing
on that in relation to IARU HF:
https://kx9x.wordpress.com/2010/06/08/arrl-statement-on-2009-iaru-hf-championships/

Tim N3QE