Re: [CQ-Contest] ....youth in contesting

To: "'Charles Harpole'" <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ....youth in contesting
From: "Doug Renwick" <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 21:48:00 -0600
Exactly. Times have changed and the thrill is gone. Technology has changed
ham radio. I don't need to talk to anyone on ham radio ... I just go on the
internet and get all the information I want. The challenge has practically
gone. I don't have to use many human skills any longer. Technology has taken
its place along with the 'dumbing down' approach. Time to ditch ham radio
and move to an activity that embraces more human skills.

Doug

I wasn't born in Saskatchewan, but I got here as soon as I could.