Re: [CQ-Contest] cqcontest.net

To: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cqcontest.net
From: "Stein-Roar Brobakken Rag" LB3RE"" <post@lb3re.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 19:50:21 +0200
Ron
how can it be assisted? when there is only ONE way information "upstream"
about how many QSO numbers on which band?
it can be uploaded once a minute, once a 30 minute, once a hour.
Its like going to a soccer game, but you can only hear the sound! neither
see the player or the team playing... :D

Nobody gives the operator idea about what is the realtime scenario, as the
upload rate can be happening in over so long time gap.. Thats the reason
it will not assist anyone as a skimmer or dx telnet cluster....

No info about neither about band, beamheading or QRG are given. Some give
only gross QSO mount.
Can maybe be large latency, so even hard to see which band have increased
in QSO amount.

It only give lot of motivation and to maybe do quick decision to jump
other band you thinking there migth be opening.

I know big winner logs have often done lot of estimate and studied public
logs, and even import the other competitors logs into your own log to have
analyse how to  change band or get efficient rate.

Scoreboard like this will be more common to the youngsters, and must
realize it new generation and innovation of contesting.

Most important is have fun, think of future hams to get involved in
contesting.

Scoreboard been here for couple of years, so why sudden somebody shouting
mayday mayday??? :)

I have used it and had really fun, even in contest it have been really fun.

Think of last time you recruit a new ham or contester, so we can have
someone to work in future.

73 from the "new" contest generation!

LB3RE Rag

Best Regards Stein-Roar "Rag"