Re: [CQ-Contest] cqcontest.net

To: "'Pete Smith N4ZR'" <n4zr@contesting.com>, "'CQ Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cqcontest.net
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2016 23:09:30 -0400
But here's the thing Pete.

When you receive that information. how did you get it?  Where did it come
from?  You said yourself. "You must decide to post your score" and what
other information is to be posted for use by other operators.

So ultimately, the answer is. it came from other operators who are posting
that information.  How is that not assisted?

Look, I don't have a problem with the scoreboard or similar exchanges of
information.  I'm not saying that the software that provides the capability
should be disabled.

Just please don't tell me that it's not "assisted" and using it doesn't put
you into an Assisted or equivalent operating category.  It is.  (Or to put
it in the vernacular, don't spill a drink on my slacks and then tell me it's
raining.)

Sometimes I operate Single Op/Assisted.  Sometimes I don't.  The reasons why
vary depending on the event in question and how I am choosing to approach
it.  I'm comfortable with either category these days.  I just don't pretend
one is the other.  And I don't ask that the line between them be blurred.

Either you are assisted. or you aren't.  It is that simple.

73, ron w3wn

  _____