Re: [CQ-Contest] CW with FLDigi?

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CW with FLDigi?
From: Jukka Klemola <jpklemola@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 15:28:16 +0300
Software CW copying capability is judged - once again.

To judge human vs SW capability to copy CW with a more realistic data set,
please take a look at Dayton 2009 Pile Up contest results.
http://www.kcdxclub.com/pileup2009.html

Skimmer won.
The year was 2009.
Already back then, Skimmer was copying 61 calls while the best human
participants copied 51.
Then, look at who the human participants are on the score listing.

I think we can be satisfied with the result and declare the winner of the
human vs computer CW copying competition.

Looking forward from 2009:
My understanding is the software has developed by some amount after that
2009 event.
The human evolution takes much longer time to get another call from the
recording.

If you are interested in accelerating the human development, click
http://www.no5w.com/PileUpNetPractice.php

The service from KCDXClub and NO5W is excellent.

If you wonder about Skimmer, outside a laboratory grade environment, in a
real shortwave use scenario:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDVdwWfiAZw

73,
Jukka OH6LI