[CQ-Contest] Fwd: A US Petition to remove CW only subbands

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: A US Petition to remove CW only subbands
From: David Siddall <hhamwv@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 23:40:14 -0400
Would it really change anything?  Most countries don't have sub bands
imposed by legal regulation.  Outside the U.S. *most* hams more or less
abide by the IARU band recommendations and custom, knowingly or just
because others do so. The U.S. is the major exception.  Here, before the
FCC, amateurs consistently have advocated for government-dictated band
segments even though at times it has delayed or impaired the use of new
signal technologies. (The band plans are set forth at:
http://www.iaru-r2.org/band-plan/)

73, Dave K3ZJ