Re: [CQ-Contest] Convergence and Change

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Convergence and Change
From: VE2TZT <ve2tzt@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 11:46:34 -0400
I second and following the same reasoning I am wondering why other categories like Low Power in Phone contests (were it seems impossible to prove that entrants are not actually High Power) are not in question.

_But the most powerful vector of change_ will be when a significant group of top contesters will definitively enter in assisted category with of course top scores topping those of top unassisted.

Then no necessity to merge the categories by force, the "king" unassisted being dethroned will quickly deflate, the merge appearing natural at that time.

I believe that's the Randy goal : showing the example and inviting the others to follow.

Gilles VA2EW