Re: [CQ-Contest] Convergence and Change

To: Rich Assarabowski <konecc@snet.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Convergence and Change
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 19:52:24 -0500
How about we hire referees to be at every single station in the contest, and
give them all Alpha power meters and gatekeeping of all lines of communication
into the shack?

After all, video and audio can be faked.

Shouldn't be more than a few million each contest. I'm sure all the sponsors
have that much kicking around, given the kajillions they save by using
volunteer labour.

Sorry for being facetious, but there has to be a cost-benefit analysis, and the
costs could be great, and non-monetary in nature.

All serious operators NEED the little guys. Contests would be very boring if it
was just a matter of which big gun worked the most other big guns. And the
little guy is almost guaranteed to be sitting back, scratching his head
thinking, "Don't they realize it's just a hobby? If that's what playing in a
contest means, screw that."

You're never going to eliminate cheating, but you might just kill contesting in
the process.

73, kelly, ve4xt

Sent from my iPhone