Re: [CQ-Contest] Convergence and Change

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Convergence and Change
From: Mark Bailey <kd4d@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 18:40:56 -0400
Hi Yuri:

Yes, that is part of the issue - the station to station communication part.

It does not, however, take into account the operator skill and fun involved in
finding stations to work - in fact, a robot could compete under  your proposed
rule in single operator categories.  I strongly believe that technology that
replaces this operator skill or acts as an operator belongs in the Unlimited
categories.

The change you propose would be a a major change from the current CQ WW and
ARRL rules and I do not believe the proposed change would be good for our sport.

73,

Mark,  KD4D