Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Committee Restructured

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, VE2TZT <ve2tzt@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Committee Restructured
From: Helmut Mueller <helmut@photo42.de>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 09:00:36 +0200 (CEST)
Guys ....

As always, there are about 10+ people moaning about the rules versus
approximately 10.000 people involved (9000 logs) per LEG in one of the biggest
contest per year. So the committee is doing it really wrong.

This does not include around 50.000 casual operators who JUST want to use it for
DX hunting and nothing else. So let’s get rid of these exotic stations! More
points for working your 200th VE station.  Why is the committee not getting it?

The contest is on for 68 Years with increasing number of logs and exploding
number of QSOs made. Blame the committee.

Why don’t you actively volunteer to work at the committee? Easier to blame than
being part of …..

There are 100+ contests each year with different scoring schemes and you will
not find a single contest where you cannot find “someone” who feels overreached.

Even with you 10+ guys complaining here, you will not be able to come up with a
complete set of contest rules that pleases everybody. Following silently the
same discussions over years and years, there are as many different “one and only
solutions” as there are complaints.

If you don’t like the rules, don’t play the game.

By the way, I want to win it too!!! With my flagpole antenna and 100w sitting in
the middle of the town. What can you do for me? DF7ZS being worth 100 mults! By
the way – because of family reasons I can only spend 10+ hours on the weekend!
You have to find a rule or category for me too! I blame the committee that I
have not won it from home yet!

Again, there are different competitions, WAEDC, IOTA, WPX, ARRL, RRDX, WAG,
IARU, Sweepsteakes, VHF and many many more. If none of them works for you, just
establish your own contest with equal rules for everyone from W1 to W6, from VE1
to ZL6.

There is one simple rule in hamradio: No matter what you do and how successful
you are, someone else knows it better!

73 keep pounding QSOs!

Helmut

www.df7zs.de