Re: [CQ-Contest] New Contesting Classification

To: Richard Ferch <ve3iay@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] New Contesting Classification
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@yccc.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 17:40:10 -0400
Here we go again.   This subject comes up about every six months on
CQ-Contest.. .I'd said it'll go 30 or 40 messages before it dies down.
Nobody will convince Paul that he is wrong.  I applaud Paul for his stance;
it's just not the stance of forward-thinking people around the world.  We
are moving forward in the hobby, and remote operation is a part of it.

Yes, for every contest, the location of the transmitter counts for the
contest.  Of course, that means identifying properly.

Cheers to N6TR, K7JR,,W7RN, W4AAW, KL9A, NK7U, SK3W, SM2O, PR1T, W1UE,
W1KM, K2LE, VY1JA, K1TTT, W2RE, WW2DX, 4X6TT, PY2SEX, 9K2IC, AA3B, VE4EA,
K9YC, K9CT, WA6HHQ and MANY others who continue to push the technology
envelope and provide Qs, mults and continue to improve the state of the art
in remote contesting and ham radio in general.

The sky is not falling.   Let's just all enjoy this hobby the way we all
want to.
Oh, and for those of you who don't like remote -- you surely are entitled
to your opinions.  I'm not meaning to offend.  Do radio  the way you like..
and we will do the same.

OK, that'll be my last post for a while...

73 es cu on the bands via remote, or maybe via my own station.

Gerry, W1VE

(aka W1A at the New England Division Convention this past weekend... 3
remote stations :-)  )